Over the next few weeks, I will be bringing you a new series called Monday Make up! Each week, I will focus on different beauty items like Foundation, Eye Products, Concealer, Bronzer, Powder, Blush, and Beauty Tools. I will be sharing the items that I have used and vouch for. I may throw a few others items that I want to try or items that have received great reviews – BUT I will let you know specifically if I have not tried it before.
Today, I want to share my top foundation recommendations with you. Foundation is one my favorite make up/beauty items because, IMO, it’s the base for your whole face.
It took me a really long time to find a foundation that I love and now I have a few. Everyone has different skin – some may be oily or dry – but I am in the middle – neither extreme oily or dry. If I had to pick, I would be more on the dry side but with the right moisturizer, it all evens out.
I also prefer a full coverage foundation. I am usually very pale and covered in freckles. I want a foundation that will last all day and keeps that full coverage – air brushed look all day.
I’ve also found out that how you apply foundation will affect how your foundation looks on your face. Do you usually use your fingers, a sponge, or a foundation brush?? Having the right tools and process can make a huge difference.
Also, would love to hear from you – Do you put foundation on first? or Do you put foundation on after you’ve finished your eye makeup?
I always start my routine with my face moisturizer and then immediately follow with Foundation. It’s a habit and it works for me in my routine. I also use my favorite foundation brush from “Real Techniques” – Expert Face Brush. This brush provides a smooth application and leaves a full coverage look. I honestly do not use the sponges – I feel like it takes too much of the product away.
All of my favorite foundations are listed below. I have used each and every one of these foundations. My favorite two listed below are the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in Matte-Poreless and the ItCosmetics Bye Bye Foundation. The others I like to use to mix it up!
Favorite, Affordable, Everyday Wear Foundation
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation: Matte + Poreless – Shades 115, 120 $6.00
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation Full Coverage Moisturizer with SPF 50+ Shades: Winter colors are Fair, Fair Light & during summer or after tan – Light Medium: $39.50
- Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream Illumination SPF 50+: $39.00
- Maybelline Dream Satin Mousse: Shade 20 Classic Ivory: $7.99
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place 1NO Porcelain: $42.00
- CoverGirl Tru Blend: $12.99
- Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour: $6.99
- MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15: $36
- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush: $8.99