Creating a vision board is so much fun and it’s something that I’ve wanted to do for years. However, I kept putting this off because, in my head, it felt so overwhelming. I loved seeing other people’s vision boards and admired their dedication in making it look so “put together”. I have to admit, I struggle with wanting to be perfect and it holds me back from doing a lot of things I want to do in life.
Anyways, I finally went to work and watched a few YouTube videos on “Vision Board Parties” and “How to Create a Vision Board.” There are a ton of videos out there with all the resources you need. I have included some quick resources for you below.
2018 GIRL BOSS VISION BOARD: Get Your Life Together in 2018!! #BossBabe – So this is actually a physical vision board using a poster and printed pictures. Very neat if you are a hands on kinda person.
Vision board party w Andrea Crowder – Andrea Crowder is a Beachbody coach that I’ve followed for many years. She is a #bossbabe and love her vibe 100%. She has a video of how she has created a digital vision board. One of the fun tips she talks about at the very beginning is that you don’t have to do this only in January. You can do it on your Birthday every year.
- Morning Coffee with Dee: HOW TO CREATE A VISION BOARD WITH INTENTION & PURPOSE + FREE WORKBOOK. I really like this post because it breaks it down into realistic sections and a thought-process to get you started – if you have no idea where to begin!
- Carrie Elle: Printable Vision Board Template. I included this in here for you so that you can find online templates to use if you are feeling stuck. And, who doesn’t love a good template?!?!
The items you will need in order to create a vision board will very depending on the type of vision board you create – Digital vs Physical.
For me, a digital vision board seems much more realistic – I don’t have time to get magazines, cut out pictures, print pictures, and put together various art supplies. I’m not very artsy. So, I’ll start with Digital.
- Apps/Websites such as PicMonkey or Canva
- Inspiration: Pinterest, Online communities, YouTube, Blogs, etc
- Poster: Amazon , Wal-mart
- Markers: Wal-Mart, Amazon
- Stickers: Amazon , Amazon , Wal- Mart , Wal-Mart
- Colored Tape: Amazon
- Scissors: Amazon
- Magazines: Country Living, HGTV, Cottage, House Beautiful, Cosmo, Womens Health, Afar, and MORE
Okay, so for my vision board, I went to PicMonkey and created this one using one of their templates and pinterest. My main goals for 2018 are to be healthier, safe money for travel, be happy, become successful, find what I am passionate about in life, work on and enjoy our house, and possibly become pregnant with our 2nd child.
What are you 2018 goals and dreams?
I’d love to see them in comments below or tag me on Instagram @jennontherocksblog!